Wednesday, September 26, 2018

More Late Bloomers


In addition to the Japanese quince and re-blooming iris, another resident of the garden is getting ready to bloom -- the Paulownia!


The squiggly twig is growing up. It formed a Y-shape. I was a bit concerned that it might split as the branches got bigger, but the trunk is sturdy. This shows the strange way the leaves grow: curly edges eventually straighten out. It's hard to tell from this angle, but the tree is about 30" tall.


Here are the buds. I thought the blooms are supposed to be pink. The buds seem to be yellow. Guess I'll have to wait until they open to know.

Raked up the mulch from the grass and pulled some weeds this morning. Too hot and muggy to do much more.

My friend from Missouri is coming to visit next week. Her garden always looks pristine. I'm torn between simply apologizing for how rough my garden is and handing her a pair of garden gloves.  😏

No comments:

Post a Comment