Friday, June 5, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

When I take the shovel out of the shed in the morning and head off to work, I think of the seven dwarves and start humming "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go." This morning I worked on the entrance garden. I managed to get one side of the gate turned over and a little bit of the south edge done before the sun got over there. I need to get out earlier.
I planted the coral bells. I like the one with the bronze leaves. It will be a nice accent in that little peninsula.

I also broke up some more sod clods with the trusty hoe, but I didn't photograph it. You really don't want to see yet another pile of dirt, even if it is watered liberally with my sweat.
.
Tomorrow we're going to the Scott Joplin Music Festival in Sedalia, Missouri, so there won't be much gardening happening. I'm glad that all of the plant purchases are in the ground. One day next week another batch will be arriving, this one from Michigan Bulb. I couldn't resist their "up to 67% off" sale.
.
Have a great weekend. I'll see you in a day or so.
.
P.S. Adding this later in the afternoon. I took a little break and then went back out and finished up the one side of the entrance garden. The ground is turned. The clods need to be broken up, and some of the excess dirt will be moved to some low spots in the yard. I'm happier going into the weekend knowing that at least half of this garden is dug.

No comments:

Post a Comment